LOS ANGELES — If you are involved with the chauffeured transportation industry, chances are you invariably have developed “limo radar,” as you notice livery vehicles more often while driving around or while watching television and movies.
Some of the most memorable scenes in American cinematic drama and comedy involve a limousine. LCT asks that you sample some of the scenes below, if you don’t remember them, and then click on the survey link to pick your favorite scene.
TEN MOVIE LIMOUSINE SCENES
1) “Secret of My Success” — Michael J. Fox as chauffeur with seductive rich married woman SECRET OF MY SUCCESS
2) “Wall Street” – Gordon Gekko. There is a scene between Bud and Gekko in a limousine where he tells the younger man how the financial world works, how it operates and lays it all out, pushing Bud hard to go into business with him. WALL STREET
3) “Dumb and Dumber” — James Carey poses as a stupid chauffeur DUMB AND DUMBER
4) “The Jackson 5 Story” — Michael Jackson and brothers are mobbed while getting into a Lehmann-Peterson Lincoln Continental limo (very classic, historic limo model) JACKSON 5 STORY
5) “Camp Rock” — Jonas Bros. obsess about band camp in the back of a limousine CAMP ROCK
6) “Next Friday” (sequel to “Friday”) — Pinky’s Limo; Pinky gets out of limo and chews out chauffeur NEXT FRIDAY
7) “Nixon” — The Limo Scene: President Nixon disses radical protesters as limo passes through a demonstration. NIXON
8) “Driving Miss Daisy” — Chauffeur gracefully wins over a prejudiced, older lady, Miss Daisy. DRIVING MISS DAISY
9) “Arthur” — Dudley Moore invites shoplifter he met into his classic limo ARTHUR
10) “The Informers” — Lou Taylor Pucci and Chris Isaak as father and son in limousine. THE INFORMERS
— Martin Romjue, LCT Magazine
DEC. LCT: When was the last time you had a meaningful, in-person conversation with a client that was not reactionary?
DEC. LCT: Why you should welcome challenge and adversity on your way to personal and business growth.
The company will collect new, unwrapped donations at its Fill the Bus event on Dec. 9th at Toys"R"Us in West Hartford Conn.
eNews Exclusive: Darla and Ashfaq Malik are proof no matter how tough life gets, you should never give up hope.
The annual LCT Operator of the Year Awards are wide open for applicants and contestants.
The company outlined its vision during an investors call from San Francisco, where journalists rode in prototype vehicles.
Coming into 2017, the TNC had a 20% cushion before Lyft could start causing it some problems; this has now been reduced to 6%.
A law designed to crack down on illegal vehicles has been causing headaches for those who run legally.
DEC. LCT: 2017 LCT COOL PLANET: The diverse operators and trend setters all have one thing in common: Nothing’s cooler than earning, learning, and living life in this industry.
DEC. LCT: Recent data reveals they are just as mobile as when Gen Xers were their age…but why do they keep coming and going?
DEC. LCT Editor's Edge: Four big industry messages coming out of LCT-NLA Show East.
DEC. LCT: The next generation of employees are completely tech-driven, so if you want to attract them, you’ll need to greet them where they’re at.
DEC. LCT: Valérie Martineau of Güt & Berg Limousines finds joy in welcoming all travelers to her country in style.
Long maligned as the least desirable form of public transit, buses are making a comeback.
The world's No. 1 online marketplace and trader for professional chauffeured and chartered vehicles, including all types of motorcoaches, buses, vans, stretch limousines, sedans, SUVs, exotics, and classics. New and used vehicles are available from sellers across the nation.
The best online networker to find quality affiliates worldwide and market your company.
Click on any state to see the latest industry news and events in that region.