Check out this gnarly compilation of scenes to expect from the upcoming tradeshow.
MAHWAH, N.J. — Operators’ eyes are peeled to the new health care reform bills going through the House and Senate. The language in these bills has raised some concerns. What will the costs be to operators (large and small) if the bill goes through as it is written today?
Tim Rose, owner of Flyte Tyme Limousine and president of the Limousine Associations of New Jersey, said, “The bills that are out there now will deter companies from expanding their employment rolls. The bills have employers paying 60% of the health care of every employee or 8% of payroll for the government plan.”
Rose estimates that the changes in health care will cost him more than $800,000 per year as an employer and will force him to change how he does business if this bill goes into effect. David Seelinger, owner of Empire/CLS International and a board member of the Limousine Associations of New Jersey, believes that it will cost him an additional $2.4 million per year. These numbers are staggering for both large and small operators who already are struggling due to the downturned economy.
Rose has reviewed the plans and calls attention to the following items, with a few comments:
• Page 22 of the health care bill mandates the government audit books of all employers that self insure.
• Page 30 Sec 123 of the health care bill says there will be a government committee that decides what treatments and benefits you get.
• Page 29 lines 4-16 of the health care bill: “Your healthcare is rationed.” You can only get so much "care" per year.
• Page 42 of the health care bill: “The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your health care benefits for you. You have no choice!
• Page 50 Section 152 of the Health Care Bill: Health care will be provided to all non-U.S. citizens, illegal or otherwise
• Page 58 of the Health Care Bill: Government will have real-time access to individuals’ finances and a national I.D. health card will be issued.
• Page 59 lines 21-24: Government will have direct access to your bank accounts for elective funds transfer
• Page 65 Sec 164: A payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions and community organizations (ACORN).
• Page 72 Lines 8-14: Government is creating a Health Care Exchange to bring private health care plans under government control.
• Page 84 Sec 203: Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private health care plans in the Exchange
• Page 85 Line 7: Specifications for Benefit Levels for Plans = the government will ration your health care.
• Page 91 Lines 4-7: Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. For example, translation for illegal aliens
• Page 95 Lines 8-18: The Government will use groups such as ACORN and Americorps to sign up individually for the government health care plan
• Page 85 Line 7: Specifications of Benefit Levels for Plans. #AARP members — your Health care WILL be rationed
• Page 102 Lines 12-18: Medicaid eligible individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. (No choice)
• Page 124 lines 24-25: No company can sue the government on price fixing. No "judicial review" against the government monopoly
• Page 127 Lines 1-16: Doctors/#AMA — The government will tell YOU what you can make.
• Page 145 Line 15-17: An employer MUST auto enroll employees into public opt plan. NO CHOICE
• Page 126 Lines 22-25: Employers MUST pay for health care for part time employees AND their families.• Page 149 Lines 16-24: ANY employer with payroll
• Page 150 Lines 9-13: Businesses with payroll between $251k and $400k who don’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll
• Page 167 Lines 18-23: ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable health care according to the government will be taxed 2.5%
• Page 170 Lines 1-3: Any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes. (You and I will pay for them)
• Page 195: Officers and employees of the health care administration (government) will have access to ALL Americans financial/personal records
• Page 203 Line 14-15: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it says that.
• Page 239 Line 14-24: Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor will be affected.
• Page 241 Line 6-8: Doctors, it doesn’t matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same
• Page 253 Line 10-18: Government sets value of doctor's time, professional judgments, etc.
• Page 265 Sec 1131: Government mandates and controls productivity for private health care industries
• Page 268 Sec 1141: The federal government regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs
• Page 280 Sec 1151: The government will penalize hospitals for what it deems preventable readmissions.
• Page 317 line 13-20: PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Government tells doctors what/how much they can own.
• Page 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3: PROHIBITION on expansion. Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand.
• Page 335 line 16-25 and Pages 336-339: Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. Health care the way they want — rationing.
• Page 341 Lines 3-9: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc., forcing all into the government health care plan
• Page 354 Sec 1177: Government will RESTRICT enrollment of special needs
• Page 379 Sec 1191: Government creates more bureaucracy — Telehealth Advisory Committee. Can you say health care by phone?
• Page 425 Lines 4-12: Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think senior citizens end of life. Seniors will be interviewed every year for health issues and decisions made as to what care they can or can't receive.
• Page 425 Lines 17-19: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of atty. Mandatory!
• Page 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3: Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death
• Page 427 Lines 15-24: Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The government has a say in how your life ends
• Page 429 Lines 1-9: An "advanced care planning consult" will be used frequently as patients’ health deteriorates
• Page 429 Lines 10-12: "Advanced care consultation" may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from government.
• Page 429 Lines 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end of life order.
• Page 430 Lines 11-15: The government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life
• Page 494-498: Government will cover mental health services, including defining, creating, and rationing those services.
Source: Linda Moore, LCT Magazine
Check out this gnarly compilation of scenes to expect from the upcoming tradeshow.
Just in time for LCT-NLA Show East, an exclusive LCT survey of the industry shows a healthy purchasing outlook .
OCT. Editor's Edge: If you want to get beyond biased, divisive, and tabloidy coverage, then see what's happening in the industry.
The show featured nearly 135 exhibitors and close to 60 vehicles, and some of the latest technologies available to operators.
Customer needs have evolved with technology while safety and duty of care have become bigger issues in the last few years.
AUG. LCT Editor's Edge: Civilization advances non-stop. Intelligent machines free us from menial physical and mental labor.
AUG. LCT Publisher's Page: Maybe it's time to rebrand our industry with a new name.
The line between business and leisure travel is blurrier than ever for Millennials.
Many signs show the global economy is improving. Total spending worldwide approached $1.3 trillion in 2016.
GBTA Convention Coverage: Air, hotel, and ground transportation rise on back of inflation, higher oil prices, and emerging markets.
GBTA Convention Coverage: Much of the industry's economy heft accrues directly to sectors that serve travelers.
Factors include number of on-time flights, cost of lodging, reliability of mobile network coverage, traffic congestion levels, and emergency-room performance.
Roadways clogged with autos, trucks, and buses are a fact of life in these major metro regions.
JULY Publisher's Page: The conference serves to get the juices flowing and the ideas out of everyone’s head and onto strategic plans.
Modern travelers are most likely to ask about combining leisure with business, work-life balance, or bringing family on trips.
The world's No. 1 online marketplace and trader for professional chauffeured and chartered vehicles, including all types of motorcoaches, buses, vans, stretch limousines, sedans, SUVs, exotics, and classics. New and used vehicles are available from sellers across the nation.
The best online networker to find quality affiliates worldwide and market your company.
Click on any state to see the latest industry news and events in that region.