Torrance, Calif. — Now that winter is here, if you operate in a cold and snowy climate, then it's time to start getting the tire chains back on your vehicles to get them ready for the harsh driving conditions of sleet and ice. Remember to wear protective gear and observe all safety habits when putting tire chains on.
Here, from Automotive-Fleet Magazine are some helfpul tips and a video to show you how to properly install tire chains for winter:
- Check your vehicle operator’s manual for the right type and size of chains to use. Then follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Ensure your chains are the proper size. Don’t deflate tires to install chains.
- Don’t wait until you lose control of your vehicle before chaining up.
- Pull over to a safe and level area to mount or remove chains.
- Carry a waterproof tarp or plastic sheet to help keep you dry.
- Keep children and pets safe in your car to avoid distraction and injury.
For the full story, go to www.automotive-fleet.com.