BEIJING — The British luxury automaker’s newest sedan model, the Jaguar XJ Ultimate, aims to provide a luxury business class experience in its rear cabin. The car is based on the XJL (the long-wheelbase version of the XJ) and offers the following features:
- Two individually tailored rear seats with power adjustment and recline, lumbar support, massage function and climate controls.
- A full-length, leather-trimmed center console with blue accent lighting and storage areas.
- A rear business table made from solid aluminum with black trim. Rises up from rear center console at the touch of a button.
- Custom champagne flutes in a storage area beneath the powered table.
- A champagne chiller between the rear seats.
- iPads and keyboards docked in the back of the front seats.
- Twin headrest-mounted screens and wireless headphones.
- Revisions to rear air-spring suspension for improved ride.
- Subtle external detailing and badging differentiates the XJ Ultimate from other XJ variants.
- 20-inch Maroa forged alloy wheels.
- The first Jaguar to be available with a new 3.0-liter V6 supercharged gas engine. Also can be powered by Jaguar's existing 5.0-liter V8 supercharged gas engine or 3.0-liter V6 turbocharged diesel engine.
Interactive 360-degree view of Jaguar XJ Ultimate interior
Related: U.K. Operator Upgrades Fleet Of Jaguars
Related: Jaguar XJL Is Premium Sedan Of Choice For Canadian Operator
Related: Operator Gets Good First Impressions With New Jaguar Sedan
— Michael Campos, LCT associate editor