TROY, Mich. — Green Ride Global now has its first member in Detroit, as J & B Executive Transportation Inc. signed on as a GRG Gold Member and designed a carbon-reduction strategy aimed at lowering its greenhouse gas emissions from its fleet. The initiative includes fuel efficiency and the transition to new technologies.
J & B's new 2013 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van gets power from a fuel-efficient BlueTEC clean diesel engine.
J & B Executive Transportation’s program includes:
- A comprehensive environmental policy that identifies and addresses the reduction of potential environmental impacts from all areas of business operations
- Environmental management system
- Fleet greenhouse gas inventory
- Ongoing measurement and monitoring of fleet greenhouse gas emissions
- Transition to the latest low-carbon vehicles and fuels
- Ongoing monitoring and enforcement of greenhouse gas emissions reductions including a responsible driving practice across the entire fleet
- Greening of the supply chain
- Fleet greenhouse gas emissions reporting
- Green Ride Global member identification on Limos.com booking platform
“Customers are increasingly looking for green purchasing options when it comes to ground transportation,” Julie Dotan, president of J & B Executive Transportation, said in a press release.
Her company runs 10 vehicles, including a 2013 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van powered by fuel-efficient BlueTEC SCR clean-diesel technology. “We can now provide a service that will help our clients reach their own sustainability goals,” Dotan said.
Source: Green Ride Global