SAN FRANCISCO — Limos.com, the largest online marketplace for chauffeured transportation worldwide, formally launched the Limos.com mobile app for iPhone and Android phones.
The Limos.com app was first previewed on Feb. 15 at the 2011 International LCT Show.
Limos.com said the mobile app is the world's first and only app that enables business and leisure travelers to search and compare prices for chauffeured town cars, SUVs, limousines and other vehicles, and to easily book and enjoy curbside pick-up while on the go in thousands of cities globally.
Limos.com is an online chauffeured service marketplace that features more than 27,000 vehicles from professional and licensed car service operators across nearly 17,000 cities worldwide.
Regardless of location, consumers can see pictures of available car types and compare prices side-by-side on their iPhones, iPads or Android screens, laptops, or mobile browsers. Additionally, Limos.com features exclusive, specially-negotiated discounts that save consumers up to 40% off standard rates — for example, the average Limos.com discount is 38% for five-star Town Car service in Chicago, Houston, San Francisco and New York.
The Limos.com mobile app features:
- More than 27,000 licensed and insured vehicles across 15,000 cities domestically and nearly 17,000 cities globally.
- Service within an hour in most major cities worldwide.
- Quick search: Simply search the date and time that the car is needed and see a complete list of available cars, prices and customer reviews.
- Vehicle photos enabling consumers to see exactly what type of car they're choosing.
- GPS-enabled instant location finder and instant email confirmation.
- All-inclusive prices including the driver's tip — no hidden fees or add-on costs.
- Discounts of up to 40% off regular prices, negotiated exclusively for Limos.com customers.
A demo of the Limos.com mobile app is available in a Limos.com Apps YouTube Video.
"The Limos.com mobile app literally puts 27,000 chauffeurs in your pocket, so no matter what corner of the globe you're in, we have a car for you, making it by far the most useful ground transportation resource for travelers," said T.J. Clark, Limos.com CEO, in a statement. “This is just the first of many ways we're striving to modernize the ground transportation system online. Travelers need mobile access to legitimate operators who are always pre-screened to meet our exacting standards for professionalism, licensing and insurance.”
More than $36 billion was spent on chauffeured transportation in 2010 in the U.S. alone, and more than 95% of bookings are still done offline. In contrast, more than 70% of air travel, hotel rooms and car rentals are booked online. Source: IBIS Research.
Sources: Limos.com press release; LCT