ABOUT PHOTO: Griffin Transportation has introduced a luxury hybrid SUV, the GMC Yukon, to its fleet and full size luxury Flex Fuel SUVs (Ford Expedition Max). The company is committed to increasing the number of hybrid and flex fuel vehicles in its growing 30+ vehicle fleet.
SUMMARY: Griffin Transportation Worldwide Chauffeured Services adopts a thorough 10-point strategy to cut carbon emissions, save on fuel, and meet customer expectations.
VANCOUVER, B.C. — GRIFFIN TRANSPORTATION WORLDWIDE CHAUFFEURED SERVICES, a chauffeured transportation company serving the greater Vancouver area, has designed a carbon reduction strategy aimed at achieving greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions from its fleet through fuel efficiency and the transition to new technologies.
As a Gold Member of GREEN RIDE GLOBAL (GRG) — a firm that creates and implements environmental sustainability programs for the ground transportation industry — Griffin Transportation Services is committed to evolving operations toward environmental sustainability. Its environmental program includes the following:
• A comprehensive environmental policy that identifies and addresses the reduction of potential environmental impacts from all areas of business operations:
• ISO 14001-compliant Environmental Management System
• Fleet GHG inventory
• Ongoing measurement and monitoring of fleet GHG emissions
• Transition to the latest low-carbon vehicles and fuels
• Ongoing monitoring and enforcement of GHG emissions reductions including a responsible driving practice across the entire fleet
• Greening of the supply chain
• Fleet GHG emissions reporting
• Exclusive hybrid vehicle discount program through Royale Limousine
• Green Ride Global member identification on Limos.com and Forground.com booking platforms.
The team at Griffin Transportation recognized the need to differentiate themselves as the environmental leaders in the Vancouver market. “Customers are increasingly looking for green purchasing options when it comes to ground transportation,” said Tara Grewal, vice president of Griffin Transportation, in a statement. “Differentiating Griffin Transportation as a Green Ride Global member on Limos.com, the world’s largest online booking platform, provides this option to our customers.”
ABOUT GRIFFIN: GRIFFIN TRANSPORTATION WORLDWIDE CHAUFFEURED SERVICES is one of Vancouver's largest luxury passenger transportation companies that specializes in providing ground transportation solutions to corporate groups, executives and VIPs worldwide. It has a well maintained and diverse fleet of 30+ luxury vehicles coupled with a team of experienced and exceptional office staff and professional chauffeurs.
ABOUT GRG: As the top green authority and consultant in the chauffeured transportation industry, Green Ride Global (GRG) creates and implements third-party verified environmental sustainability programs, with a focus on chauffeured ground transportation companies. Its programs cause real and measurable reductions in clients’ greenhouse gas emissions and environmental footprints. GRG’s team provides tailored environmental solutions, strategic sales and marketing tools, and auditable reports showing progress toward environmental sustainability.
Source: GREEN RIDE GLOBAL