LAS VEGAS — Any business that wants to grow must anticipate consumer needs and innovate to meet them. Any industry that wants to thrive must be composed of innovative companies, especially in an economic climate quick to kill businesses that don’t keep up with trends.
The limousine industry has experienced evolution not only in the way it serves clients and in its vehicles, but among the vendors that provide the supporting tools, technologies, products and services for an industry in overdrive. The following is a snapshot of the vendor creativity that flooded the floor of the 2013 International LCT Show:
Mike Bauman (L) of Luggage Bellhop hangs out with George Tillery of Fleet Financing Resources in the Luggage Bellhop booth.
- Luggage delivery service
- Available in 500 U.S. airports, domestic flights only
- Delivers two bags within four hours guaranteed to any location within 25 miles of airport, for $49.95
- Short-term luggage storage
- Scheduled delivery options
- Expedited delivery options
Pow Wow Smartwww.powwowsmart.com
Pow Wow Smart’s Evan Michaels (M) stands with Edward Brodeur (L) and Jeremy Katoff of Deem Ground (formerly Ground Global Automation).
- Group travel management software
- Upload group manifests directly into system
- Automatic flight and passenger information validation
- Automatic grouping of passengers into vehicles
- Budget forecasting
- Cost and profit summaries
- Partnered with Deem Ground livery software to create Deem Group Ground for group transportation management
Brooklyn Wanderaas of Padlet Solutions shows off her signage app on an iPad tablet.
- Limo signage app
- Customizable digital limo company greeting signs
- Pre-loading of affiliate logos
- Available for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones
- Real-time flight data
- GPS tracking and navigation
- Online access
- Back-end support for PC and Mac
- Partnered with Verizon and AT&T
Limos.com representatives answer questions from the many operators who visited their booth.
- Lead generator, smartphone and online booking platform
- Offers operators access to corporate travel partners through open API platform
- All-inclusive marketing packages
- Mobile booking app with on-demand option
- Operator rating system
- Online reservations
- Lead information
LiquidSpring Technologies Inc.www.liquidspring.com
Carol Harr (L) and Richard Meyer of LiquidSpring explained that the company continues to modify its hardware and control logic software technology to achieve the very best ride and handling characteristics for buses.
- Vehicle suspension technology
- Enhanced software for more intuitive driver display featuring command and height control positions.
- Modified control logic to implement a soft start feature to guard against power surges.
- Redesigned secondary fluid volumes and layout to reduce weight, reduce installation time, and eliminate any conflicts with vehicle exhaust systems.
- Modified damping and spring rate curves to further improve ride and handling qualities for buses using the Ford F-550 chassis.
Edigin co-founder Dustin Prock stands at his booth at the 2013 International LCT Show.
- Call recording, quality assurance, contact management software
- Audio recording and computer screen recording for employee evaluation, training and testing
- Performance dashboards and reports
- Documentation of customer interaction with custom fields, notes, quotes and calls
- Follow-up call scheduling
As a sign of the industry’s growth and progression toward adopting new technologies to optimize business, there was a plethora of software, GPS and insurance companies exhibiting at the 2013 International LCT Show. Operators now have more options to help them manage their company, track drivers and insure vehicles.
- 5Star Specialty Programs
- AmWINS Transportation Underwriters
- Capacity/ TransCap Insurance
- Global Liberty Insurance Co. of NY
- Koroktin Insurance Group
- Lancer Insurance Company
- LimousineGuard Insurance Program
- National Interstate Insurance Co.
- Northland Insurance
- P.A. Post Agency
- Professional Insurance Center
- Protective Insurance Company
- Research Underwriters
- Rodes-Roper-Love Insurance Agency
- Shriver Insurance Agency
- TIB Transportation Insurance Brokers
- Enterprise GPS
- Fleet Finder GPS
- StreetEagle GPS
- Vehicle Tracking Solutions
- Redtail GPS
- Aleph Global
- FASTTRAK CLOUD Livery Systems
- The Hudson Group
- Livery Coach
- DDS eFleet