Page 1 of 2
With people spending more and more time on smartphones and tablets, operators need to devote just as much time creating a presence in these digital spheres to capture potential clients’ attention. Business processes also can be streamlined with the correct software, whether it’s tracking vehicles, managing metrics, or taking online reservations.
LCT Magazine queried 20 operators to see how they are using technology to their advantage. The following are the innovations from those who responded.
Brandan and Ron Stein
Exclusive Sedan Service,
North Hollywood, Calif.
- Recently made the move to Livery Coach Software. Works closely with the vendor on “out-of-the-box” ideas such as a smartphone app for the Droid or iPhone for clients to book and track rides and make reservations quicker and more conveniently.
- Online reservation system shows vehicle statuses so clients can see if their vehicles are enroute or on-location.
- Working on tracking systems that provide actual real-time visual of the cars.
Driven Eco, West Nyack, N.Y.
- “We’ve been really happy with the Lexus RX 400h, which has been the workhorse, our company’s equivalent of the Town Car. For the most part, clients want the RX. We were disappointed with the Yukon hybrid because it underperformed and had issue after issue with the engine; the electrical system is out of whack; and the lights have blown out on more than five occasions.”
- “We’re in the process of turning over our entire fleet, and we’re re-examining our options. Do we go with a BlueTec Mercedes or a Flex-Fuel vehicle? Whatever we choose, we’ll remain consistent with our mission to be eco-friendly, because from what we’ve seen, the demand hasn’t dropped and people are requesting clean vehicles.”
ETS International, Quincy, Mass.
- Installed microGreen oil filters in entire fleet, and is installing Blade exhaust filters on all vehicles.
- Paperless paychecks: Funds are deposited directly into employee checking accounts. For those without checking accounts, a debit card is issued to receive payments. TripTracker software allows chauffeurs to log on to get their paystubs.
- Tracks website metrics through Google Analytics and has increased website hits by more than 100% in last six months.
- Weekly blog distributed through Greene’s personal Facebook account and ETS Facebook page.
- Monthly press release, e-blast, and employee newsletter for better communication.
- Company’s Intranet site for payroll allows employees to log on and check out company events and announcements, and other information on their personal accounts.