MARLTON, N.J. — LCT is officially accepting nominations for the first annual People's Choice Awards. These are the limousine industry’s first peer-to-peer awards and are meant to celebrate the many positive contributions of industry businesspeople. Winners will be honored on Oct. 28 during LCT Show East in Atlantic City, N.J.
Five individuals will be chosen by industry members via an electronic e-mail ballot. If you know folks that you think are deserving of recognition, please take the time to complete the nomination form here.
Nominations will be accepted through Sept. 6, 2013 for the following award categories:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: A person who has shown a unique pursuit of business, developed a product or concept and/or found ways to expand operations.
- Leadership Award: A person who has influenced others to accomplish an objective or goal which resulted in positive effects on the organization.
- Innovation Award: A person who has shown advanced knowledge and use of social media, mobile apps, tech amenities and/or tech-based fleet management or an operator who has started a technology venture.
- Carla Boroday Humanitarian Award: Named after the late Florida operator and industry association leader and activist Carla Boroday, this award recognizes a person who has been creative and consistent in supporting a charity to improve quality of life or support a worthwhile cause.
- Gold Star Award: Goes to a Good Samaritan who has gone beyond the call of duty in the spirit of service, acts of kindness, and good will.
The awards ceremony for the 2013 People’s Choice Awards will be held at LCT Show East, Monday, October 28, 2013, 7:00pm - 8:30pm at Cesar’s Palace. Click here to register for the awards presentation, which will include food, beverages and entertainment. And while you’re at it, click here to register for the LCT Show East.
LCT has signed on Ford Motor Co./Lincoln Limousine & Livery Vehicles as the official sponsor of the LCT People’s Choice Awards and as the primary official sponsor LCT Show East. Ford/Lincoln has committed to a marquee level sponsorship, the highest available for the national trade show.
The People’s Choice Awards program complements LCT’s other major awards program, the annual Operator of the Year business achievement awards, which are celebrated each winter at the world’s largest limousine trade show, the International LCT Show in Las Vegas.
— Denis Wilson, LCT East Coast Editor