ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — To celebrate the many positive contributions of limousine industry businesspeople, LCT Magazine has created an annual recognition program called the People’s Choice Awards.
The LCT People’s Choice Awards program is a peer-to-peer tribute to five individuals chosen by industry members via an electronic e-mail ballot. Winners will be honored on Oct. 28 during LCT Show East in Atlantic City, N.J.
LCT also has signed on Ford Motor Co./Lincoln Limousine & Livery Vehicles as the official sponsor of the LCT People’s Choice Awards and as the primary official sponsor LCT Show East. Ford/Lincoln has committed to a marquee level sponsorship, the highest available for the national trade show.
The People’s Choice Awards program complements LCT’s other major awards program, the annual Operator of the Year business achievement awards, which are celebrated each winter at the world’s largest limousine trade show, the International LCT Show in Las Vegas.
Please be thinking of possible nominees who could become honorees, to be announced at the People’s Choice Awards Celebration at 7 p.m., Oct. 28 at Caesars Atlantic City.
The five categories include:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: A person who has shown a unique pursuit of business, developed a product or concept and/or found ways to expand operations.
- Leadership Award: A person who has influenced others to accomplish an objective or goal which resulted in positive effects on the organization.
- Innovation Award: A person who has shown advanced knowledge and use of social media, mobile apps, tech amenities and/or tech-based fleet management or an operator who has started a technology venture.
- Carla Boroday Humanitarian Award: Named after the late Florida operator and industry association leader and activist Carla Boroday, this award recognizes a person who has been creative and consistent in supporting a charity to improve quality of life or support a worthwhile cause.
- Gold Star Award: Goes to a Good Samaritan who has gone beyond the call of duty in the spirit of service, acts of kindness, and good will.
LCT will start accepting online nominations May 15 and throughout the summer months before creating an e-ballot of nominee finalists to be e-blasted in September.
— Martin Romjue, LCT editor