The GCLA's winning board and officer team at the group's annual holiday event in December 2014.
NAPA / LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- The Greater California Livery Association
faces a challenge common only to one other elongated state in the union: Florida. Both states stretch out into distinct northern and southern regions, most efficiently traversed from one end to the other by air.
This year, the GCLA has split its annual holiday parties and membership meetings between the classic North-South divide in 800-mile long California. The Northern event will be held Tuesday, Dec. 8 from 5:30-9 p.m. at Napa Ford Lincoln, 570 Soscal Ave. in Napa. The Southern event will be held Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 5:30-9 p.m at its usual spot at The Proud Bird restaurant, 11022 Aviation Blvd., near Los Angeles International Airport.
For operators, it either means a more convenient industry networking spot this holiday season, or two opportunities within one week. Both events will feature holiday-themed raffles and auctions of gifts and prizes donated by sponsors.
Highlights and presentations at the NorCal event include:
- Napa Chamber of Commerce presentation.
- Super Bowl 50 updates on transportation and parking logistics at airports.
- Tips on how to market to increase your business from Gen X and Hispanic customers, provided by NBC Universal's Telemundo 48.
Preceding the event, the GCLA will host a wine tasting, Monday, Dec. 7 at wineries in Calistoga and Napa Valley, @ $150 per person, and a golf game at 10 a.m. Dec. 8 at the Silverado Resort and Spa North Course, @ $150 per person.
Highlights and presentations at the SoCal event include:
- Regulatory and legislative update from GCLA legislative supporter Rep. Adrin Nazarian, D-46th District, and GCLA lobbyist Gregg Cook.
- Memorable words from the limousine industry's fiery rhetorician Scott Solombrino, CEO of Dav El / BostonCoach Chauffeured Transportation Network and veteran board director of the National Limousine Association.
- Results of 2016 GCLA board of director and officer elections.
All details, ticket and attendnace information for both events HERE.