The NLA Board of Directors takes a break from their board meeting for a casual group shot on Sunday, March 15, 2015, at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev., just before the start of the annual International LCT Show. (Click to enlarge LCT file photo) L to R: Michael Oldenburg, Craig Hall, Dawson Rutter, Dave Shaw, Doug Schwartz, Laura Canady, Seve Qua, President Gary Buffo, Scott Solombrino, Chris Quinn, Joe Ironi, Jeff Greene, Erich Reindl, Richard Kane, Michael Campbell, Robert Alexander, Ron Stein, Diane Forgy and Kevin Illingworth.
The National Limousine Association
is accepting nominations for the 2016-2019 term of its Board of Directors until Nov. 13 in an election that will be the trade group's first ever conducted online.
The NLA will send out more information to its 1,971 members in coming weeks about the e-format, designed to be more streamlined and secure.
The NLA Board of Directors has 18 members who serve staggered three-year terms, with six seats coming up for election every year. Two additional vendor board directors are appointed annually and do not vote on board agenda matters. 2013-2016 incumbent board directors -- who were elected in December 2012 and seated in February 2013 -- may choose to run for re-election according to NLA bylaws.
Nominations are being accepted until Nov. 13 for the following six board seats:
- One At Large seat covering all 50 states, now held by Richard Kane, International Limousine Service, Washington, D.C.
- One seat in the Central region covering AR, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, OK, SD, TX, and WI, now held by Diane Forgy, Overland Chauffeured Services, Kansas City, Mo.
- One seat in the Northeast region covering CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT, now held by Dawson Rutter, Commonwealth Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation, Boston.
- One seat in the West region covering AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, and WY, now held by Kevin Illingworth, Classique Limousines Worldwide, Orange, Ca.
- One Canada seat covering all of Canada, now held by Joe Ironi, Global Alliance Worldwide Chauffeured Services, Toronto, Ontario.
- One International seat, covering operators worldwide except in the U.S. and Canada, now held by Michael Oldenburg of United Limousines AG, Frankfurt, Germany.
To run for the NLA Board, operators must complete and submit the application with the following accompanying documents:
- A brief biography that describes your background in the limousine industry.
- A paragraph that explains why you want to serve on the NLA board of directors and what your goals for the NLA will be if you are elected.
- A digital headshot of yourself
- Proof of legality in the cities/states/airports in which Regular Active Member operates.
- Certificate of insurance verifying Regular Active Member compliance with the state/federal requirements.
- Proof of your corporate officer position.
- An explanation of anything the nominating committee should know about you that might reflect adversely on the NLA.
Candidates can submit applications in two ways:
- Click for the online application via log-in with NLA credentials to access the page.
- Click for the pdf application that can be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to (856) 596-2145 along with the above documents.
The NLA Nominating Committee will not consider incomplete applications.
NLA member ballots will go live around Dec. 1 with a voting deadline of Jan. 15, 2016. The NLA will post results soon thereafter.
Winning candidates will formally take their board seats on Sunday, Feb. 28, 2016 just before the start of the International LCT Show at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Feb. 29-March 2. The NLA board also will elect its slate of 2016-17 officers.