Registration at the 2015 International LCT Show gets underway Sunday, March 15 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and then Monday, March 16 starting at 8 a.m. at the Venetian and Palazzo Resort Hotel Casinos in Las Vegas, Nev. The show officially starts Monday at 2:30 p.m. (LCT file photo/2014)
LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- Limousine operators and industry vendors from around the world head to Las Vegas this weekend for the 2015 International LCT Show, which will underscore its status as the largest annual global industry convention and trade show.
The event officially runs from March 16-18 at the Venetian & Palazzo Resort Hotel Casinos, with pre-convention activities and suite parties starting on Sunday, March 15.
The Show will host more than 130 exhibitors and more than 100 chauffeured vehicles in 200,000 square feet of exhibit space -- the highest such numbers since the LCT Show started in 1984. About 3,000 attendees are expected, which would be the most since the 2008 Show.
Several key trends are driving the increased activity and interest this year:
- With the Lincoln Town Car Executive L sedan officially retired since 2011, even operators who have run the model as long as possible during the last four years will need to find replacements, sparking more demand and competition in the sedan niche of the chauffeured vehicle market.
- The transition from predominantly stretch limousines to vans, mini-buses and motorcoaches deepens each year as more and more operators combine group transportation with luxury-quality level service. The large vans and mini-buses have become the "new stretches" of the 21st Century. A wider array of vehicle manufacturers, coachbuilders and vehicle converters are pursuing the demand.
- The U.S. economy overall has performed at its strongest level in the past year since the recession ended in mid-2009 with operators reporting higher revenues and more clients.
- Limo operators are concerned about the influx of Transportation Network Companies, such as Uber, and are looking for competitive business strategies and regulatory approaches to protect their businesses. Several general sessions, panels and association meetings will focus on the topic.
- App-oriented technologies carry the potential to streamline limousine operations and reduce overhead costs while accommodating on-demand clients
Exhibit floor hours at the 2015 International LCT Show start Monday, March 16 at 4:30 p.m. (LCT file photo/2014)
The International LCT Show is co-produced by Bobit Business Media, owner of LCT Magazine, and the National Limousine Association. Grech Motors is the official primary sponsor with Lincoln Limousine & Livery Vehicles and Cadillac Professional Vehicles as major sponsors.
Look for ongoing coverage of the Show on the social media "window" to launch Friday, March 13 at LCTMag.com. Continuous updates from LCT Facebook and Twitter will be streaming onto the home page throughout the event.
NEWS ARTICLES ABOUT ILCT ACTIVITIES AND SESSIONS HERE
REGISTRATION INFO HERE