ROCKVILLE, Md. -- The Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (TLPA) will honor winners today and tomorrow of its annual Drivers and Operators of the Year Awards.
This year's awardees hail from across the United States. Some were chosen because of inspiring acts of heroism, and others chosen because of their unwavering attention to detail and service to their clients. The 2009 winners are:
• Ousmane Ndoye, of Yellow Cab (http://www.yellowtrans.com/) in Denver, Colorado (Taxicab Driver of the Year);
• James Lilley of Gateway Limousines Worldwide (http://gatewaylimousine.com/) in San Francisco, California (Limousine Chauffeur of the Year);
• Adepegba "Tony" Abiodun of Challenger Transportation (http://www.regencycab.net/challenger1.html) in Gaithersburg, Maryland (Paratransit Driver of the Year);
• Craig C. Hughes, CEO of Total Transit (http://www.totaltransit.com/totaltransit/default.aspx) of Glendale, Arizona (Large Fleet Taxicab Operator of the Year);
• Jeb Corey, Vice-President and General Manager of C&H Taxi (http://chtaxi.com/) in Charleston, West Virginia (Small Fleet Taxicab Operator of the Year);
• Dean Schuler, CEO of Carey New Orleans/Signature Livery in New Orleans, Louisiana (http://www.signaturelivery.com/) (Limousine Operator of the Year);
• Thomas P. Arrighi, President of A&A Metro Transportation (http://www.aametro.com/) in Bridgewater, Massachusetts (Paratransit Operator of the Year).
Full details on all award winners are available by visiting www.tlpa.org or by contacting John Boit at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (202) 822-2093.
Award winners will be honored Oct. 5 and 6 in front of nearly 1,000 industry leaders at the TLPA's annual convention, held this year at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. This year marks the 91st Annual Convention & Trade Show for the TLPA, and is the world's largest gathering of for-hire fleet executives.
Established in 1917, the Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (TLPA) is a non-profit trade association of and for the private passenger transportation industry. Its extensive membership spans the globe to include 1,000 taxicab companies, executive sedan and limousine services, airport shuttle fleets, non-emergency medical transportation companies, and paratransit services.
Information: Visit TLPA website.