RICHMOND, Va. — James River Transportation, which has seen strong customer growth in its tiered airport service via Ford Flex vehicles, recently expanded its chauffeured fleet.
The chauffeured transportation and charter bus service provider added the following vehicles:
- Six Ford Flex crossover vehicles and two Ford vans were added to the Norfolk International Airport operation to replace vehicles being retired. The crossovers have extended legroom for added passenger comfort and the vans have center aisles to facilitate loading and unloading of passengers. James River began using Ford Flex vehicles as part of its branded airport service in 2009.
- A 55-passenger, wheelchair-equipped MCI model bus was added to the motorcoach fleet to address increasing customer needs for such vehicles.
- A new 32-passenger Ford minicoach was added to provide additional fleet capacity and increase the options available to customers.
In addition, the company enhanced its GPS fleet tracking technology to ensure maximum safety and efficient use of its vehicles. It installed DriveCam’s GPS tracking system in all of its vehicles, which includes these key features:
- On-line tracking showing current location and vehicle speed
- Automatic alerts if a vehicle exceeds the posted speed limit
- Vehicle trip history to show exact routes and times
James River Transportation is a full service transportation provider and event planning organization with facilities located in Richmond, Williamsburg and Norfolk. The company also has on-site operations at Richmond International Airport and Norfolk International Airport. Services include motorcoach and minicoach transportation, airport transfers, transportation management, contract services, and convention shuttles. The company has been in business for more than 80 years.
New James River video here.
Source: James River Transportation