Operations

Tecstar Automotive Acquires Majority Interest in Empire

Posted on October 5, 2005 by LCT Staff - Also by this author - About the author

IRVINE, CALIF.— Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc., announced that its subsidiary, Tecstar Automotive Group, has acquired a 51% interest in Empire Coach Enterprises, LLC, a second-stage limousine manufacturer, for $600,000 cash. Michael Misseri, who will serve as Empire Coach's COO, will own the remaining 49%. Empire Coach will be located in East Brunswick, N.J.

Among other business opportunities, Empire Coach will pursue qualified vehicle modifier (QVM) status with Ford Motor Co. in order to modify Lincoln Town Cars. Empire will also be able to offer alternative-fuel limousines using Quantum's advanced fuel system technologies for compressed natural gas, propane and hydrogen applications.

"We believe the limousine market is growing and, as a result, we believe the addition of Empire Coach Enterprises will result in increased revenues for the company by enhancing our existing second-stage manufacturing capabilities and capturing new alternative fuel vehicle opportunities,” said Alan Niedzwiecki, president and CEO of Quantum.

View comments or post a comment on this story. (0 Comments)

More News

Taxi Drivers, Chauffeurs More Likely To Die From Violence

CDC data shows they are the most likely workers to die on the job because of violent crime risks.

Uber Launches Internal Probe On Asia Bribery Allegations

The TNC sure has a lot of problems to deal with.

Tech Isn’t The Only Key To Growth

eNews WebXclusive: Terry Murtaugh insists while technology may make a business run more efficiently, personalized customer service must never fall by the wayside.

How Superficiality Destroys The Customer Service Experience

Don't just say you really care about your clients...show it.

MTA Bus, Charter Bus Collide In Queens

All victims were quickly taken off the buses, with the exception of one of the drivers who was pinned and needed to be extricated.

See More News

Facebook Comments ()

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Submit

Blog

See More

LCT Store

LCT Magazine - September 2017 $12.95 MOTORCOACH / BUS ISSUE COVER STORY: * Irizar Racks Up A Good Rookie Year * *



Connect

Experience the three annual industry events for networking for business, showcasing vehicles and products, and getting the tools for success.

Read About Your Region

What’s Happening Near You?
Click on any state to see the latest industry news and events in that region.

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher

Automotive Fleet

The Car and truck fleet and leasing management magazine

Business Fleet

managing 10-50 company vehicles

Fleet Financials

Executive vehicle management

Government Fleet

managing public sector vehicles & equipment

TruckingInfo.com

THE COMMERCIAL TRUCK INDUSTRY’S MOST IN-DEPTH INFORMATION SOURCE

Work Truck Magazine

The number 1 resource for vocational truck fleets

Metro Magazine

Serving the bus and passenger rail industries for more than a century

Schoolbus Fleet

Serving school transportation professionals in the U.S. and Canada

Please sign in or register to .    Close