CHESAPEAKE, VA. — The Virginia Limousine Association (VLA) recently published guidelines for those people who plan to rent limousines during the holiday season. According to Glenn Stafford, first vice president of the VLA and owner of Love Limousine in Richmond, Va., the Department of Motor Vehicles recommends taking the following steps when hiring a limousine:
· Be sure the company holds a valid state license.
· Ask for the company's references.
· Ask how the service screens its drivers.
· Make a checklist of items you're looking for, including
air conditioning,television, or a sound system.
· Know what you are getting from the company.
· Find out what the cost of the service covers.
· Don't pay for the service or sign anything until you
read the contract.
For more information, visit www.virginialimousineassociation.org