PETALUMA, Calif. - Pure Luxury Transportation, a ground transportation provider in Northern California, has received The Resolution of the Board of Supervisors in Sonoma County recognizing and commending its success inside of its environmental sustainability program.
Since January 2008, Pure Luxury Transportation has been an official member of Green Ride Global, a Toronto-based third-party validated environmental sustainability program designed to reduce the carbon footprint of its members in the ground transportation industry. Pure Luxury has committed to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions of at least 20% over the next five years. Green Ride Global has been measuring, monitoring, and reporting on Pure Luxury's results, and to date Pure Luxury has already reduced its emissions by 17% over 2007 levels.
Sited as support behind The Board of Supervisor's decision to award Pure Luxury with the Resolution were:
- Pure Luxury's aggressive annual greenhouse gas reduction commitment
- Pure Luxury's corporate commitment to the reduction of their carbon footprint and the outstanding success of their Environmental Sustainability Program
- Pure Luxury has demonstrated high-level engagement and education of their clients, partners and stakeholders around their environmental commitments
Owners Jennifer and Gary Buffo were on-hand to receive the resolution. Jennifer Buffo said, "Everyone from the chauffeurs to the executive team at Pure Luxury has been diligent in our pursuit of emissions reductions while maintaining our commitment to excellence in client service."
Recently, Pure Luxury Transportation also won two Green Ride Global Awards of Environmental Excellence for both overall greenhouse gas emissions reductions, and client outreach and awareness.
Some of the environmental sustainability strategies instituted at Pure Luxury Transportation and acknowledged by the Board of Supervisors include:
- The implementation of an ISO 14001 compliant Environmental Management System
- Evaluating and integrating the latest in vehicle and alternative fuel technology
- Ongoing monitoring and quarterly measurement of GHG Emissions
- Electricity conservation programs in the office
- Waste diversion and upgrades to in-house recycling program
- Greening of the supply chain
- Measuring and monitoring both staff commute and business-related travel