Pinterest is the third most popular social media network behind Facebook and Twitter, respectively. It’s a virtual pinboard that is visually oriented and allows users to easily “pin” their photos and “re-pin”, i.e. share, other people’s photos. Operators who use Pinterest for business can showcase their vehicles and services to a large audience in a creative way.
Key demographic information of Pinterest users:
- 1.36 million visitors per day
- 68.2% women
- 50% with children
- 28.1% who live in households with annual income of $100,000+
- 27.4% age 25-34
- Average time spent on site: 15.8 minutes (Facebook = 12.1 minutes; YouTube = 16.4 minutes)
- 2,702.2% growth in unique visitors since May 2011
With this information, it’s clear that operators can and should create Pinterest accounts for their company to market their wedding, prom, birthday and other special event services.
Here are five tips to maximize Pinterest for business.
- Use original pictures to drive traffic. Focus on creating unique pictures and/or images. Use photos of your wedding vehicles or clients at special events.
- Just like any other social medium, you need to share other people’s content too. Look for others users’ pictures and content relating to your service and pin them onto your boards. This helps build a wider following. Operators can pin photos from other vendors they work with, such as restaurants, catering services, travel planners, party planners, etc. Set up a Pinterest board dedicated to photos of your fleet vehicles.
- Host fan-photo competitions. Let your clients know what the prize is and ask them to take a picture and share it to win the competition. Offer a prize related to the special event services you provide, such as a discount on a wedding package or free hours in a limousine.
- Get fans involved to help spread the word. Pinterest gives you the option to allow other contributors to post to your pinboards. Select some of your favorite or most active fans and ask them to pin pictures onto your pinboards.
- Create a unique image about your latest offer and pin it onto one of your pinboards on Pinterest. Create an exclusive pinboard to pin the latest offers to Pinterest users only. The right photo might attract business from Pinterest users who need vehicles for their weddings, their children’s weddings, proms or birthdays, or their executive spouses’ business travel needs.