Page 1 of 3
Fuel is expensive, volatile, and one of the most important pieces of the limousine industry cost puzzle. Until technology advances to the point of providing viable alternative vehicle solutions for the entire industry, operators will continue to depend on the remains of fossils to make the wheels go ‘round.
While pump price is mostly out of our hands, operators can still control fuel purchases through the use of fleet fuel cards. These programs offer benefits such as comprehensive reporting, security, expense monitoring, and other incentives such as discounts and cash-back rewards in some cases. Operators should choose a card that matches well with their business needs.
Wright Express Universal Fleet Card
South Portland, Maine
- Prevent fraud by monitoring reports on all fuel card transactions.
- Integrated with GPS Insight to consolidate management of fuel card transaction data and fleet activity.
- Identify non-fuel purchases and flagged activity where a specific vehicle was not present for the associated purchase transaction.
- Transaction report displays color-coded location verification: green = verified, red = potential fraud
- Fuel Price Mapping, powered by Google Maps, locates lowest priced fuel in a specific region and pinpoints fuel stations by street, city, state, ZIP code or fuel type.
- Set card spending limits.
- Reward points for every transaction.
- Discounts on maintenance.
- Access employee background screening services and reports at discounted costs.
- Accepted at more than 180,000 fueling sites in U.S., including 54,000 diesel fuel locations, and 45,000 vehicle maintenance locations for services such as oil changes, car washes, transmission and brakes service, glass replacement and more; also accepted at Esso, Canada’s largest network of service stations.
- Card replacement within 24 hours.
Murphy USA Wright Express Universal Fleet Card
El Dorado, Ark.
- Save up to three cents at Murphy USA and Murphy Express locations.
- Detailed reporting to monitor purchases.
- Tax exemption and reporting for qualified fleets.
- Security feature: driver ID required for purchase.
- Real-time cancellation of cards and driver IDs.
- Odometer reading required at purchase.
- Online purchase control tools.
- 24/7 toll free customer service and online account access.
- Accepted at more than 1,100 Murphy USA locations and 90% of U.S. retail fuel locations.
- Managed by Wright Express.