TORRANCE, Calif. — The deadline for LCT Magazine's annual award that recognizes a superior local, regional or state association is coming up soon on Friday, Dec. 20.
The 2014 LCT Association Award of Excellence will honor one association that has demonstrated superior achievement in working on behalf of limousine operators.
All 36 local, state and regional associations formally recognized by the NLA are eligible to enter the award contest. Associations may self-submit or may be nominated by a NLA board director. A panel of judges that includes members of the National Limousine Association board of directors and NLA staff may choose up to three finalists and select a winner.
The winning association will be announced and given a framed certificate on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 at the Annual LCT Awards Gala at the MGM Grand’s Hakkasan night club and restaurant during the 2014 International LCT Show in Las Vegas.
Each association applicant should e-mail a PDF report to LCT East Coast editor Tom Halligan at [email protected] that explains the below areas of performance. PDFs may be an unlimited number of pages. Tom also can be reached at (856) 596-6770.
1. Management: What is the organizational structure of the association? What are the tasks and roles of each officer, leader, board member, administrator, etc.? Does the association have a lawyer and/or lobbyist on retainer?
2. Legislation/regulation: Cite examples of how association efforts have led to legislative/regulatory changes and reforms OR show a track record of successful advocacy on behalf of operators regarding a legislative/regulatory issue during calendar year 2013.
3. Education: How did the association encourage and educate its members to become better informed on industry issues, best practices, rules and regulations, etc., during calendar year 2013.
4. Events/activities: List the types of meetings, speakers, social gatherings, seminars, and charity events the association held during calendar year 2013.
5. Recruitment/membership: How does the association recruit/attract new members? What are the membership levels for the last five years?
Note: Association Award of Excellence Winners for 2012 and 2013 are not eligible to apply.
— Martin Romjue, LCT editor