WASHINGTON, D.C. — The American Bus Association’s 35th Annual Marketplace 2013 will hunker down in downtown Charlotte, N.C. on Jan. 5-9, 2013. Registration opened in April, and a year-to-year comparison or the month of September shows a 24% increase in the number of buyers registered. More than 92% of ABA operators come to Marketplace to buy.
Some other notable figures include:
- Appointment-taking buyers are up 20% compared to 2011.
- 270 tour and bus operator companies have committed to attend.
- 531 tour and bus operators are registered.
- 1,255 sellers have said they’ll be in Charlotte.
- 89 associate service suppliers are registered.
- Nearly 2,000 delegates from 1,335 companies have registered, a 9% increase compared to last year.
Last year, an independent financial report showed nearly $78 million dollars in business generated by Marketplace 2012 and more than $58,000 per attendee.
“We will do all we can to make sure you have the best experience at Marketplace and return home with a lot of business,” said Peter Pantuso, ABA president and CEO, in a press release. “Thank you for…taking the opportunity to invest in your own business.”
To register for Marketplace, contact the American Bus Association at (202) 218-7234 or [email protected]
Source: American Bus Association