TORRANCE, Calif. — Fifteen chauffeured transportation companies worldwide have been selected as finalists in the 2012 LCT Operator of the Year Awards contest, the most prestigious and longest running business awards contest in the chauffeured transportation industry.
This year, LCT is adding a new category called Global Operator of the Year, open to all limousine companies outside of the U.S. All winners will be announced at the annual LCT awards banquet and show on the evening of Feb. 14 during the 2012 International LCT Show to be held at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
In choosing the finalists among the most qualified group of applicants years, some very difficult and painful decisions were made. Applicants not selected as finalists will automatically be entered and considered for the 2013 LCT Operator of the Year Awards, with the option of updating their submissions.
LCT congratulates the following finalists in five key awards categories:
1-10 Vehicle Category
- Kings Worldwide, Greg Pruitt, Oklahoma City, OK
- Rare Form Limousine, Eli Darland, Seattle
- SilverFox Limos, James Weymann, Charlotte, N.C.
11-30 Vehicle Category
- AAA Worldwide, Alex Mayer, Clinton, N.J.
- Dynasty Limousine, Pierce Fleming, Jacksonville, FL
- Majestic Limousine, Scott and Melissa Woodruff, Des Moines, IA
31-50 Vehicle Category
- Destination MCO, Nour/Sami Elotmani, Orlando, FL
- Limousine Connection, Chris Hundley, Los Angeles
- Teddy’s Transportation, Charlie Wisniewski, Norwalk, CT
51+ Vehicle Category
- Celebrity Worldwide, Dennis Adams, Malvern, PA
- Grand Avenue, Bill Faeth/ Carl Haley, Nashville, TN
- Harrison Global, David/Derek Marcou, Boston
Global Operator Of The Year
- L.A. Limousines, Ed and Kyara Kahakauwila, Victoria, B.C.
- Reliance Worldwide, Reza Choudhury, London, U.K.
- Cardel Global, Karim Maachi, Paris
Between now and Feb. 14, a panel of six judges will score each finalist in the following six areas of their operations:
- Staff/chauffeur training
- Industry and community involvement
- Safety performance/insurance
- Use of technology
- Customer service
LCT Magazine also has selected three finalists for the LCT Association Award of Excellence. A winner will be announced during the Feb. 14 awards banquet. The three finalists include:
• The Colorado Limousine Association
• The North Carolina Limousine Association
• The Puget Sound (Wash.) Limousine Association
— Martin Romjue, LCT editor