The communication program will help travel managers reduce costs by tracking an enforcing compliance with their customized travel policies.
BOSTON — BOSTON COACH now offers a managed communication program that easily and directly helps clients achieve greater travel-policy compliance.
The program, announced Sept. 16, resulted from BostonCoach’s discovery that the absence of communication about travel policies is a leading cause of non-compliance and subsequent increased cost and risk.
“By surveying clients, we discovered a serious gap in awareness of travel policy among travelers and those who arrange travel,” said Larry Moulter, president and CEO of BostonCoach, in a statement. “Poor communication leads to poor compliance, elevated risk and increased costs that can be as much as 23%. That’s just unacceptable when travel managers work so hard to obtain preferred vendor rates.
“Travel managers consistently tell us they need help getting the word out about travel policy, and the goal of our communication program is to help travel managers and their organizations maximize the benefits associated with preferred providers,” Moulter said.
BOSTON COACH surveyed more than 800 travel bookers and nearly two-thirds (61%) indicated that they do not receive formal communication from their companies about which travel-service providers they are authorized to use.
BostonCoach’s Managed Communication program enables travel managers — with minimal effort — to provide helpful information and significant benefit to travelers and those who arrange travel.
Components of the program include:
• Templates for internal announcements such as introduction of preferred providers, important travel-policy announcements, and policy reminders.
• Travel tips so employees are familiar with the most efficient and cheapest ways to use car service.
• Surveys of travelers and those who arrange travel to provide insight into travel trends and perceptions among employees.
• Custom landing pages featuring policy reminders, booking advice, and service offerings all in one location and always up to date.
• Complete flexibility so travel managers can develop a communications protocol that accommodates their organization’s specific culture. Some clients choose to have BostonCoach write and send all communications, while others ask that it simply make some modifications to the templates so they can send the communications themselves.
Information on BostonCoach’s Managed Communications program: (800) 856-9886.