On average, every 53 minutes, someone loses their life because of a drunk driver, according to statistics compiled by Mothers Against Drunk Driving. This sobering statistic should prompt you to be looking for them on the road you share rather than them finding you “by accident.” Here are the classic signs of drunk driving as taught to police officers during academy training.
- Quick acceleration or deceleration
- Tailgating Weaving or zig-zagging across the road
- Driving anywhere other than on a road designated for vehicles
- Almost striking an object, curb, or vehicle
- Stopping without cause or erratic braking
- Drifting in and out of traffic lanes
- Signaling that is inconsistent with driving actions
- Slow response to traffic signals (e.g. sudden stop or delayed start)
- Straddling the center lane marker
- Driving with headlights off at night
- Driving slower than 10 mph below the speed limit
- Turning abruptly or illegally
- Driving into opposing traffic on the wrong side of the road
Limousines might be good for weddings, but prove troublesome for popping the question.
Driving Gem: Do you know the size of your vehicle's sail area?
Mini-Series Part 1: A trailer park, curses, a tumbler of vodka, and a pack of beauties. Could anything go right about this trip?
Your fleet vehicle electrical systems depend on optimally running alternators. When an alternator fails, you'll be left on the side of the road.
A dangerous five-point U-turn, lack of local knowledge, and requests for directions ruined an evening limo run.