2014 LCT Association Award of Excellence: LCT Magazine just started its annual process of recognizing the accomplishments of the many local, state and regional trade associations that work on behalf of limousine operators.
The 2014 LCT Association Award of Excellence will recognize one association that has demonstrated superior achievements in five key categories. A panel of judges that includes members of the National Limousine Association board of directors and NLA staff may choose up to three finalists and select a winner.
All 36 local, state and regional associations formally recognized by the NLA are eligible to enter the award contest. Associations may self-submit or may be nominated by a NLA board director.
The winning association will be announced and given a framed certificate on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 at the Annual LCT Awards Gala at the MGM Grand’s during the 2014 International LCT Show in Las Vegas.
Each association applicant should e-mail a PDF report to LCT East Coast editor Tom Halligan at [email protected] that explains the below areas of performance. PDFs may be an unlimited number of pages. Tom also can be reached at (856) 596-6770.
1. Management: What is the organizational structure of the association? What are the tasks and roles of each officer, leader, board member, administrator, etc.? Does the association have a lawyer and/or lobbyist on retainer?
2. Legislation/regulation: Cite examples of how association efforts have led to legislative/regulatory changes and reforms OR show a track record of successful advocacy on behalf of operators regarding a legislative/regulatory issue during calendar year 2013.
3. Education: How did the association encourage and educate its members to become better informed on industry issues, best practices, rules and regulations, etc., during calendar year 2013.
4. Events/activities: List the types of meetings, speakers, social gatherings, seminars, and charity events the association held during calendar year 2013.
5. Recruitment/membership: How does the association recruit/attract new members? What are the membership levels for the last five years?
Note: Association Award of Excellence Winners for 2012 and 2013 are not eligible to apply.
A new Eastern Regional Forum at the industry's East Coast trade show will focus on associations working together.
An industry newbie and a veteran see the power of working together.
It’s not always about the big issues, it’s the day-to-day stuff that also matters.
Help select the industry’s top operators by nominating candidates for the Annual People’s Choice Awards.
LCT invites readers to meet the editors during new regional free roundtable events.